2019 Fulltime Families Game of Nomes Rally
August 11th– 17th: Monday to Saturday
Bend Sunriver RV Resort, Bend, OR
Are you a lover of food, a self proclaimed foodie, or a gastronome? If so then the Game of Nomes Rally sponsored by the Taste of Travel Branch is for you!
Get ready to enjoy the week with friends at this STEAM rally, focusing on the love and science of food.
Join us as we play with our food and perform fun science experiments with delicious results. The schedule includes a variety of family games, foodie themed science experiments, educational seminars, campfires, potlucks, coffee talks, and big time fun!
Bend Sunriver Rv Resort is perfectly suited for a gathering of fulltime families. Located just outside of Bend, OR, this resort has a pool, playground and river perfect for a relaxing afternoon float. Bend is a perfect location for foodies with an abundance of micro breweries and an amazing food scene with restaurants for all palates.
This will be a week-long event and attendees should plan to arrive on Sunday, depart on Sunday. Activities will be arranged into two daily sessions: a Morning session and an Evening session. Why?
- More time for morning Field Trips!
- Working family members can still work and not miss out on all the fun.
- Continue homeschooling/roadschooling, if you desire.
- Restock your fridge with a visit to the grocery store.
- Clean your favorite coffee cup for the next Coffee Talk.
- Prepare your costume for the Rally Dance.
- Balance your checkbook before the Adult Marketplace.
- Help your child prepare for the Children’s marketplace.
- Clean your house, so you can enter in the “Tour of Homes”
- Reconnect with old friends.
- Meet new friends.
- Relax for a few hours in between the crazy RALLY TIME!
Your Rally Ticket gets you access to:
|Rally Sticker for your RV|
|SWAG from our sponsors|
|Name Badges and Lanyards|
|Kid Themed Arts, Crafts, and Activities|
|Bonfires, S'Mores, and Campfire discussions|
|Parade of Homes|
|Adult Coffee Talks|
|Open and Closing Ceremonies|
|and much more!|
Do I have to be a member of the Taste of Travel branch to attend?
No, all Fulltime Family members are welcome to attend, though if you are a foodie we would encourage you to check it out. Branch memberships are included with your FTF membership and you can belong to as many as you would like
What if I or my children have an allergy?
Due to the nature of this event there will be multiple exposures to many allergens including dairy, soy, wheat and eggs. All experiments will be performed in a room with potential allergen contamination. While we are not specifically using nuts in any of our experiments, there may be cross contamination from ingredients or utensil used. We are strongly advising, those with dangerous sensitivities to these types of allergens, consider not attending.
My family is vegan or vegetarian, will there be options for us?
Some of our experiments will be using animal products, where gelatin is being use we will have agar agar on hand for those who prefer not to use animal based products. Some of our experiments will be using eggs and dairy and unfortunately due to the nature of these experiments a substitution is not available. If you would prefer not to participate with these experiments, please let our Events coordinator Leah at [email protected] know after you register that you are a vegan or vegetarian and she can advise on what activity substitutions can be made.
We have a question that hasn’t been answered, who can I contact for more information?
Please reach out to our event coordinator Leah at [email protected]
Members Only! If you’re not a member yet, click here to join now.
Step 1: Sign Up for the rally, the price is per person ages 3 and up. Once you have paid via paypal you will be returned to this site to complete the rally form. Please ensure you complete this form to finalize your registration.
This event is only for members Join Now!
Step 2: Book your camping reservation:
- Please call Wendy at Thousand Trails Bend Sunriver at 541-593-8494 to make reservations. Nightly rates for non Thousand Trails members is $57 a night.
Once you Register, feel free to join the Facebook Group for the 2019 Game of Nomes Rally.
Want to see Videos from past Rallies? Check out our YouTube Channel for videos from other attendees.
What are the cancellation policies for this event?
Rally Fee Refunds:
- Cancel before 6/13/19 for a full refund of rally fees with $25 cancellation fee.
- Cancel between 6/13/19–7/13/19 for a 50% refund.
- Cancellations after 7/13/19 will not be refunded.
- Please refer to the host campground regarding their refund policy. Fulltime Families has no control over campground refunds.
- Full refund prior to t-shirt order being placed. After the order has been placed, no refunds are available. If you want tshirts shipped, there is an additional shipping fee of $6 per shirt.