There are a lot of things to consider when hitting the road full time. You have to think about how you will make money, how you will get mail, and what kinds of memberships you’ll invest in to save some money. Adding kids into the mix only adds to the long list of things to consider, and dealing with braces on the road is one of the things that perplexes parents the most.
One of the best ways to go about straightening your teeth while traveling full time? Invisalign is a fantastic option that more and more travelers are choosing. Are you going to travel full time and worried about your invisible braces?
Read on to know how to clean Invisalign and how to take care of Invisalign while on the go!
The foremost important thing is your packing checklist. Here’s an essential checklist for the travel kit on tour with Invisalign.
- Travel toothbrush
- Floss or floss picks
- Pocket-size mouthwash
- Retainer remover
- Pain reliever (as first aid)
- Aligner case
- Extra aligners
Keep Up Your Good Habits!
You need to wear aligners for at least 22 hours a day. Thus it might seem tedious to remove your aligners while eating out and putting them back again after cleaning. But, it’s important to avoid slips that can hinder your progress.
Thus it is advised to take out a few minutes for your Invisalign each time you eat or drink anything and enjoy your travels without any worry.
Now let us check out some useful tips on how to take care of Invisalign during traveling.
- Everyone on the Invisalign treatment knows that you need to change the set of aligners in a week or fortnight according to the dentist’s instruction. Sometimes you switch to a new set, or you might need to go back to your previous set of aligners. Take them all with you during traveling so that you can change according to your requirement. Consult your orthodontics before leaving for the trip.
- It might take a longer time to reach from one spot to another. And if you are an adventure tour enthusiast, you might not get a proper facility to brush everywhere. Don’t stress much on how to clean Invisalign in such situations. If you don’t get a place or chance to brush correctly and floss your Invisalign, rinse them thoroughly. You can do that with either clean water or mouth wash. That’s why a pocket-sized mouthwash is recommended in your travel kit.
- In case you are taking a flight to your destination, keep your Invisalign with you in your handbag or cabin bag. As you need to wear them for the maximum time of the day, you must keep them within your reach all the time.
- Heat is not suitable for Invisalign as it can deform its shape. If you are traveling to a tropical or hot region, keep your aligners in a cool place. Keep them in the refrigerator if required. But don’t make the mistake of taking them in your handbag under the sun.
- The list of avoidable food items, while you are on your retainers, is mentioned as below:
- Hard bread
- Chewy food
- Tough Meat
- Hard Cady
- Do not forget to remove retainers before eating or drinking anything. You can only have water with your aligners on. And brush your teeth and retainer before putting them on again. If you can’t brush, at least rinse them well.
So you see! Braces on the road aren’t even necessary. Instead, travel with Invisalign. Once you know how to take care of Invisalign it’s a cinch. That said, it is advisable to consult your orthodontics before hitting the road full time.
Emily Taylor found the perfect fit for herself as the Online Marketing Manager at Thurman Orthodontics in Fresno CA as she believes that a great smile does more than just make a person look great – it makes them feel great as well. The power of a smile has always been a mystery to Emily, and she loves researching and writing about it. She loves to write about everything to do with a healthy bite and a beautiful smile – weather is it ways to achieve it or the importance of it in the various aspects of life. What brings a big smile on Emily’s face is her family and surfing. She also likes to bake, and her children and co-workers call her the cookie fairy!