We are thrilled to announce the winners of our 1st Annual Mother’s Day Essay Contest.
Jayda Haponenko’s essay “The Picture Perfect Mom” won her mom, Rachel a free massage from Massage Envy!
The Picture Perfect Mom by Jayda Haponenko
The one person who as truly impacted my life for the good is my mom. I am so grateful to call her mine because she is an awesome role model and encourages me in everything I do.
My mom is the best role model a daughter could ask for she has instilled many great qualities in me. One of the greatest things she has taught me is how to stand up for myself and what I believe in. Because she has taught me this it has made me stronger as a person and made me ok with who I am. This has also helped me with my self-esteem and made who I am as a person. I wouldn’t trade her for anything in the world.
Another amazing thing my mom has taught me is that I can do anything I put my mind to, and that she will always support me. For example when I decided I wanted to do drama (acting) she worked her schedule around picking me up from practice, going to shows, and coming to watch rehearsal. She also made herself available to come help do hair, makeup, provide us with food, and any extra materials we needed. Thanks to her everything went great and we got to surprise my teacher. I don’t think she realizes it but everything she does for me makes a big impact on me.
Being an outstanding role model and encouraging me all the time are only two of the many reasons my mom is perfect for me.
We also held a contest for the ‘pre-essay writer’s set’
Madison’s interview about “Madison’s Mommy” was the winner of that category!
- I really love it when my mom helps me: with my homework because she is a teacher and she has a lot of patience. Also we get to do homework on the couch while we are eating ice cream, you can’t do that in school.
- My mom likes to wear: t-shirts and shorts. She loves bright colors and to feel like sunshine.
- My mom’s favorite color is: purple, almost any shade of it.
- My mom always tells me: that she loves me to Pluto and back.
- The best thing she does is: love me every day even if I do something wrong.
- It makes her happy when: I tell her how much I love her and when I give her kisses and hugs or even just text her xoxoxoxo.
- My mom loves to relax by: working out while reading a book.
- I like it when she: tells me Pinky Pony stories
- The best thing she cooks is: spagetti
- When my mom shops she likes to buy: lettuce and fruit
- My mom’s favorite household chore is: none
- My mom’s favorite TV show: she doesn’t watch tv
- Her favorite place is: the beach
- I love my mom because: even when she is really tired she always makes time for me!