When you’re living full time in your RV with kids, hiking is a great way to see the natural treasures in this country.
Full time rving kids love to stretch their legs and the temperate days of spring provide ample opportunity to connect with nature and get your hike on!
Here are the Top 10 Family hikes in this country.
Ten Best Family Hikes
- Sky Meadows State Park, Virginia
- Chimney Tops Trail, Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee
- Woodpecker Trail, Big Shoals State Park, Florida
- Ohio & Erie Canal Trail, Ohio
- Illinois & Michigan Canal
- Aspen Center for Environmental Studies, Colorado
- Muir Woods National Monument, California
- Will Rogers Historic State Park, California
- Horsetail Falls Trail, Columbia River Gorge, Oregon
- Hoh Rain Forest, Olympic National Park, Washington
If hiking with little ones, Catherine Ercanbrack of HikingChix.com reminds you to look for family hikes with High Wow to Low Effort ratios, targeting short hikes with big payoffs and stretching distances gradually on subsequent hikes.
Recent Roadschool Moms guest, Survivalist Expert, Gregory Davenport, shared his tips for safely exploring the great outdoors in an episode called, “Preparing Your Family for Outside Adventures”. Be sure to catch the replay so you can be prepared for a great family adventure!